Thursday, May 8, 2014

USM pharmacy interview

I woke up on the important day early at 8 in the morning (this is considered early, for me) with a pair of red and swollen eyes because I slept at 2 am last night. After breakfast and finished preparing everything, we set out to Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) at about 9.30 am. My eyes needed rest but I couldn't fall asleep while my little niece (she was going back to her home with my sister) slept soundly beside me, so I read the notes I prepared earlier. After stopping at a rest station she woke and it was nice to play with her awhile so that I was not so stressed.
Penang Bridge
We reached there at about 12 noon and managed to find the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences after about 15 to 30 minutes by asking about 5 people. I would like to apologize because I spoke Malay language to a girl that answered me in Chinese language. Another man looked like a teacher and I could only speak, "excuse me..." but then he already asked, "interview?Pharmacy? Go straight..."

There had been a lots of interviewees with their parents waiting outside even though my friend told me that registration only opened at 1.30 pm. It was very hot outside that we went under the trees and hoped for some blowing wind. There was a label for toilet pointing right side and I thought it was near, but when I went there with my mum it was actually very far. We had to go a few zig-zag road before we reached a corridor with dim light at right side. A Malay girl came out from the corridor and I thought she was the student there so I asked her about the toilet but I got an answer that made all of us laughed, "I am looking for it too." At last we found it with the help of a staff or a teacher.

When the registration opened the interviewees rushed inside. I had been ordered by my sister to strive for earlier interview and finished it quickly so I went to the front of the queue because the others were busy arranging their certificates (and blocking the way!) I was a bit embarrassed at first but then I found they were queueing up for another line. We were given a piece of checklist whether we brought the certs needed and certified copies of them (they only need what were written on the slip for interview like IC, birth certificate, SPM cert, STPM/Matric/Diploma cert and MUET slip, extra copies like coco certs will be returned back). Even if you didn't bring certified copies, there was a photocopy machine just beside the counter. While sitting and waiting there, I suddenly found my checklist was not signed while everybody else was signed. Luckily I found it and went back to the counter.

I was the third to be interviewed for my room but the interview started late. It was about 15 minutes each and I finished mine at about 3.30 pm. The first thing I did when I came out from the room was looking at my watch and found that mine was shorter than others (is this good or bad?) But what could I say is, the time passed faster than I could think inside the room and when the interviewers said thank you I was like the look of "finished?". However, I don't know why I was looking at the floor when I was walking to outside passed the other interviewees.(Click here for interview questions)

The first sight of my family I feel sorry for my little niece, she was sweating so much outside while I was in the room with air-conditioner (but many interviewees were complaining too cold although they were wearing long sleeves and extra jackets) After the interview I got my appetite and had my lunch bought by my sister on the car. The packaging(?) was special with "clearer environment" on it maybe due to the concept of "The White Coffin", but I was wondering whether this something like plastic is biodegradable. 
My lunch
We went home after going to a shopping mall and reached home at about 8 pm. What a tiring day!
The Second Penang Bridge
Penang Bridge from the view of the Second Penang Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment